Thursday, April 26, 2007

I'm going out of my mind

Today is the day from hell. Literally. I'm trying to pack and get a million things done and Caden has morphed into some kind of demon who has not stopped freaking out from the moment he woke up this morning. I've tried everything..spanking, timeout, ignoring, hugging...nothing. He is completely unphased by my attempts and is continuing to throw fit after fit. He is petrified of the tape gun which is incredibly inconvenient considering I have to make 100 boxes today.
It's days like this when I wish my mom lived down the street. I have no one to watch him tomorrow for the closing and he's been under my feet all day, making the packing process impossible...It'd be nice to have somewhere to drop him off without feeling guilty about imposing.
I think he's getting some of his back teeth so hopefully once they have arrived he will turn back into a nice baby.
My stomach is on fire because I swear I have an ulcer. I've been really nautious for a few days and no, I'm not pregnant!
Something is screwed up with our loan application and they ever so nicely waited till the day before closing to tell us that...So we're sitting in limbo right now, surrounded by our stuff in boxes wondering if we're even going to be able to close tomorrow.
I am filled with a mixture of rage, sadness, anxiety and helplessness....but God's got this right?
I know he does. I'm not writing this for pity or even encouragement. I just needed to take a minute to escape from a screaming baby, the packing and incompitant loan agents and breathe.
Inhale.
Exhale.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw...i hope you get to move tomorrow and things go smoothly!

The Secret of Happiness said...

I wish I was closer, you could drop the little guy off with us anytime!