Saturday, December 30, 2006

Happy New Year

A brand new year is quickly approaching...what will it hold?
I'll probably attempt to loose weight and fail two weeks into it, realizing I like food more than smaller sizes.
I will start and not finish alot of books.
I'll try to be more organized with my money, time and schedule only to continue on in the frazzled state that is my life.
I will try to remember everyones birthdays and anninversaries only to be one up-ed by my sister everytime....as Dr. Claw would say to Inspector Gadget, "Someday I'll get you, Melissa!"
I will hopefully not move anywhere...unless we buy a house.
I made a list of resolutions that I will try to adhere to so we'll see what happens.
The great thing is that when I am feeling down on myself, like I can never do anything right or like I've never accomplished anything....when I look dispairingly at my resume and lack of education and realize aside from playing the piano, I have no skills whatsoever....I see my handsome little man. I have a tickle fight with him and we laugh hysterically together and he makes me feel like I'm the most important person in the world. He looks at me like I am the smartest, coolest, most fantastic person he has ever known, and it makes all my shortcomings dissapear into the abyss.
So, above all the diets I will fail and birthdays I will forget, I will be the best mom and wife I can be and be confident in knowing that to my God, my Husband and my Son, I am somebody.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

to your parents you are somebody very special and loved beyond measure

Anonymous said...

Kathy,

Rick and I visited your parents yesterday, New Years Eve. Of course, like everyone this time of year, your mother was trying to off load all the fruitcake that she has made in the last month. It was hilarious. Both your mom and dad were eager to share pictures of Caden and your father displayed his prized possession from his Christmas gifts, the picture of him and Caden together. Adorable! Your mother then tells me about your BLOG which was the first time I had heard of such a thing. Since I consider myself to be somewhat knowledgeable about the Internet world I carried on as though I knew what she is talking about. She sent me the address for your Blog through e-mail so I could see pictures of Caden. The pictures of Caden were sweet to say the least but what impressed me even more was your means of expressing yourself. You are, in my opinion, a great writer! I wish I had that ability to put my thoughts into words. I am confident that some day we will all be reading some fabulous piece of work that you have created!
Anyway, Happy New Year and may God continue to bless you and your family.

Kathy Peddle

Kathy said...

Hey Kathy!
Thank you for that...It's so nice to hear from you. It was awesome to see you and Rick in October. I wish we were closer so our babies could play and we could keep eachother sain during our motherhood. I am excited for you to have your little bundle of joy. There's really nothing quite like having a little person and watching him/her grow and change everyday.
Mom told me that you look great and I'm sure she will let me know the minute Baby Peddle comes into the world.
Thanks for checking out my blog and take really good care of yourself....milk these last couple of months for all they are worth!!!
-Kathy