Friday, December 15, 2006

Up or Down

It's amazing how after talking to certain people you can feel enlightened and positive and after talking to others you can feel negative and disgruntled. I've been noting that about myself after reading several blogs today. Some really added things to my life in a positive way, empowering me and inspiring me to be better. Some have been entertaining with pictures and stories about people and what's going on in their lives. Others have been incredibly deflating and negative. More have been boring and long winded, wordy and pompous. Some have been educational and thought provoking...It's really amazing.
I didn't realize how much reading blogs and interacting with people can alter your mood and your day, depending on whether the experience was negative or positive. It's really quite amazing when you sit back and think about it.
Are the people you interact with (either through blogs, email, phone calls or in person) a positive thing in your life or a negative one? Are you a positive person or are you bringing people down?
I'm going to make an effort to breathe positivity into people rather then strip them of it. The power of your words is really an incredible thing....

2 comments:

The Secret of Happiness said...

That's something I've been becoming aware of also. I now find myself NOT reading certain blogs because they seem to harbor too much negativity, and frankly I don't need that - there's already too much going around!
P.S. Thanks for the Christmas card. That little guy is SO cute.
I wish I'd sent Christmas cards...I never seem to make time for it. I need an accountability partner for Christmas cards! What do you say, next year???

Anonymous said...

I will whip you into Christmas shape in 2007!