Thursday, December 28, 2006

Family, Friends, Fun and LOTS of Food.

What a great Christmas. I couldn't have asked for anything better. Even though Caden was more interested in the dogs food bowl then the hundreds of presents that lay before him, he made out like a serious bandit.
We got our Christmas tree on December 22. We decorated and made Christmas cookies. Jay was never a very Christmasy person but I think Caden brought out his Christmas spirit this year.
Caden was spoiled rotten by his grandparents and it was great. His favorite things so far are both toys that Amy and Juan gave him, which are a baby sized drum with sticks and shakers and a doggy who sings and teaches the parts of the body. Caden dances like a fool when that dog sings. It's hilarious.
Dancing and clapping are his latest accomplishments. He LOVES music. We brought him to the mall to 'see' Santa (not sit with Santa because Santa was ridiculously expensive) and every store we went in he would dance to the music. He would sway to the slow songs and rock out to the fast ones. I smell a musician in the family... For Jay's sake I hope he likes sports too.
He also has tooth number two coming in, so there is a matching set inside of his mouth.
Jay had Christmas eve and Christmas day off. It was awesome to spend that much time together. It's been a long time since he's had two days off in a row. He gave me a back massager (which really helps with the back pain) and I gave him a leather motorcycle jacket that hasn't arrived yet....grrrrr....I had to make him a card with a rhyme inside explaining why it was late. He didn't care...he's just VERY excited to receive it, especially since a cold front came through on Christmas eve and it's now very chilly here. I love it!
Jay received a Tim Hortons Coffee maker from my parents and we received a date night curtousy of Jay's parents. My sister sent us gift cards to The Gap...I'm excited to use them cause I never go shopping.
Amy and Juan were here and we watched about 100 episodes of the original Degrassi Junior High cause Amy got the box set for Christmas. We cooked a turkey and had an awesome Christmas feast complete with stuffing, mashed potatoes, yams, corn, gravy, dinner rolls and way too much chocolate for dessert.
All in all it was a fantastic Christmas. One of those days that make you sad when it's over. At least it brings us another day closer to next Christmas!
Enjoy some pics!


1 comment:

Daniel said...

Kathy:

I am so glad that you guys had a wonderful Christmas! Tell Jay I said "hello" and to enjoy that new coffee maker.