Friday, December 01, 2006

Randomness

I almost have my Christmas cards done. This is always a grand accomplishment.
I have a sore throat today and sound like a 12 year old boy.
Caden is in a very good mood today which in turn makes me in a very good mood. He is such a joy. Always laughing...He's at the point now where I don't carry him much anymore in the apartment. I just say, "Come on, let's go!" and he speedily crawls behind me everywhere I go. He's my body guard. I love my family so much that it's hard to breathe. Mmmmm. My boys are the best.
I think I may throw in the towel at Bath and Body Works. Jay's store hours have increased and so it's been hard finding someone to watch Caden during the evening parent change over...plus I don't see Jay somedays until 11:00pm and it's not worth it for 6.75 an hour. It was fun while it lasted but it's not worth the hassle. Plus even with my discount I would spend a full nights work on anything I bought there. As much as I love Brown Sugar and Fig body spray, I can't justify it.
I may try some waitressing in the New Year when Jay's hours go back to normal.
I HATE BLUETOOTH! Oh my gosh, it's impossible to tell who's insane anymore....everyone is talking to themselves nowadays! I'm not a huge fan of public cellphone talking anyway but I really find it hard to fight the urge to punch the bluetooth user.
I had some blood work done today. I've had some trouble with low blood pressure and fatigue. I'm not the kind of person who takes naps, but lately I can't seem to get through the day without one. My blood pressure yesterday was 95/55 which is low but not dangerously low. Hopefully we'll find out what's going on and correct it soon. It's no good being worn out with a crazy, active baby.
All in all I'm happy, blessed and thankful.
I do however have a prayer request.
When Jason and I went to "The Well" in Charlotte, I played in the worship team with a 26 year old guy named Marshall. Marshall is a talented musician and a quiet, gentle soul. We had alot of fun playing music together. Last month Marshall thought he might be coming down with something so he went to the Dr. They tested his blood thinking he may have mono only to discover that he has a severe case of Leukemia. He was immediatly admitted to the hopsital and is now undergoing his second round of Chemotherapy. I can't imagine my life changing that drastically from one moment to the next. As you would expect, his spirits are very down. Pray for him. He is an awesome guy.
Just when you think you have it rough....when you are so consumed with your own personal drama of not having life exactly the way you want it...think about people like Marshall and praise God for your health. That way his sickness serves some purpose for good...to turn people towards God in thankfulness and praise.

2 comments:

Johnny said...

Ah, the post-modernist syndrome is kicking in.

I'm sorry to hear that your friend is so sick. Let's all pray for him.

Grace and peace,
Johnny

The Secret of Happiness said...

Ever since I've known you, we have talked about the art of procrastination we possess, but Christmas cards, man you are the ball with those bad boys!