Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Owie

I've written before about my hip/back problems....well lately they have been dreadful. It stinks to be so young and feel so old. It also stinks to have to pay so much for a chiropractor and a physical therapist and still feel the same way. Pain is no fun. It makes you sad and irritable. Picking Caden up and lowering him into his crib is really hard...and with Jason working from 9-8 everyday, I don't have much of a choice. Pray for a spiritual and permanent spine adjustment to take place.
For anyone who hasn't yet heard about Gary Cook, pray for him also. He is doing well physically, but was in a car wreck in which another car hit him head on. The driver of the other car passed away (he was 20 years old) and although Gary had no fault in the accident, he must be really shaken up right now so praise God for his safety and pray for him.
Caden has an ear infection which came with an order of high fever and a side of hacking cough but thanks to anti-biotics, he is doing much better. It was a long week of being trapped at home, but thankfully he is back to his old, happy-go-lucky self.
Amy is coming for Christmas. This makes me VERY happy. She is coming on Friday and leaving on Monday or Tuesday. Juan suprised her with a trip to Tallahassee for Christmas so that home wouldn't seem so far away during the holidays. Last year, Amy, Juan, Kristy, Desmond and Murray all came over on Christmas night for cooked dinner and cake. Good times. Oh how I miss everyone....
It's hard to find friends like the ones I've had the priveledge of having in my life. I'm the kind of person who needs to be around people ALL the time...I seriously hate it when visitors have to leave or when social engagements come to an end. My friend Julie and I were talking about this the other day...how we miss having the people around us who we feel comfortable enough with to invite ourselves over and take off our shoes and lounge on their couch. How there is nothing wrong with getting together on a spur of the moment, throwing some dinner together and laughing till the wee hours of the morning.
Friends...I miss you.
I hope everyone has an awesome Christmas. I'll post some pictures of the festivities a little later on.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

3 comments:

The Secret of Happiness said...

I'm so glad that Amy and Juan are coming for a visit. I know how much you love to be around the people you love.
I will pray for your back to heal. It stinks having to do your mommy physical stuff with pain being involved.
I miss you. I wish we could get together for cooked dinner...with lots of gravy...and dressing...and mashed potatoes...and beef...or chicken...or turkey...

Kathy said...

Mmmmmm....meat and starches....

Anonymous said...

Hey Sis,

Just wanted to let you know that I've been trying to get in touch with you to no avail! That's ok. I know you're up to your ying yang these days. I'm glad to know that Caden is feeling better. I love the pictures that you're posting. I have a new desktop on my computer every couple of days. Keep 'em comin'. Anyways, Merry Christmas...I'll call you on Christmas Day. Love you and miss you, Sissy