Monday, January 01, 2007

A Good Start

Yesterday was a great day....today is also a great day! I'm feeling very motivated to start fresh this new year. My last entry was kind of un-motivating but I have since had a change of heart and am feeling very upbeat and positive about making some small but momentous life changes. The fitness and right eating routine began today...I said goodbye last night with a caramel chocolate bar and a bag of party mix....Mmmmm.
Today I am saying hello to salads, broccoli, squash and salmon. Caden and I went to Lake Ella and walked 2 miles. Caden enjoyed the ducks, turtles, mini-alligators and strange looking stork-like birds. My hip and back are a bit sore from the excursion but I figure it's better to work through the pain and get some of the excess weight off which I'm sure isn't making my elderly self feel any better....Why did God bless me with a 90 year old frame?
Yesterday our Pastor began a series on Money...about Debt and how we are all victims of bondage if we have it. It was the greatest punch in the face I have received in a long time. It really got me thinking about our financial situation and Jay and I have created a plan to tackle some of the debt we have, which praise God isn't much. I think sometimes it is easy to live life feeling like all of the bills you owe and things you need are just swarming around your head. It can be very overwhelming...but we have decided to do without now so that we can reap the benefits later and we're really excited about it. We've already developed a plan to pay off some debt by the end of this month! It's amazing what you can accomplish when you're given the proper tools, accountability and motivation.
This is why I LOVE my church...practical life lessons God's way. Seriously, if anyone wants to be challenged beyond belief and taught by a very educated and blessed teacher of God, check out www.genesischurch.tv. Click on GC media.
So I'm feeling really good. Organized, energized, healthier and more positive..Ok I know it's only the first but I'm really on task and that's a good feeling. Jay as been selling like a mad man today with the New Years Day sale. Caden is in a good mood today and went straight to sleep when I put him down for his nap. We went to the grocery store to buy healthy food and we laughed and acted silly the entire time...people probably thought I was a crazy person but I have so much fun with him. I just made a rockin salad and am drinking a bottle of water....for anyone who knows me, water+kathy=nasty...but I added some crystal light and I am enjoying it!
Life is good. 2007 is going to be fantastic. I'm going to be hot and rich...haha.

1 comment:

Honeydew said...

Hey There! I'm glad to hear that you are on a health kick...so am I...and mom...it's funny really. I joined a gym across the road from work so I can go on my lunch break. I'm eating better...not starving myself but cutting back. We'll see how long this lasts! Anyways...just thought I'd tell you that I bought Caden's birthday gift yesterday. I'm going to send it home to Mom so she can pack it and bring it with her in March...I saw it and I just had to buy it! Talk to you later, Miss you! Sis