Monday, January 15, 2007

Photo Update

A little tangled up at the moment

PRICELESS! HAHAHAHA!


Nap time is over!


Caden now cries and whines to play the keyboard...I smell a child prodogy



Baby's first Mohawk


It was hard to leave a face like this



Bored on the plane


These shoes are the devil!

Callin a cab
Up close and personal


It's time to PARTY!



Our trip to Southern Florida was FUN! We had such a great time.

Things started out rocky because the person who was suppose to watch Caden called Sunday morning sounding very miserable and said she was sick but would be more than happy to still watch him if we didn't mind. I didn't so much care about Caden catching a bug as much as I did this poor woman having to take care of two babies while feeling like poo, so I frantically searched for an alternative. Luckily, we found one and the Philips family gladly took Caden to their house after church where apparently they all had a glorious time.

We got to Fort Lauderdale around 2:00pm and once at our hotel we simmered for a while in the hot tub and Jay watched a little football while I made fun of football. Then we got ready and headed to his company party at the Blue Martini. It was a NICE place. Jay wouldn't put the camera in his pocket and I didn't have a purse that matched my dress so we didn't get any pictures of the actual place, but it was pretty swanky.

We met all of Jay's co-workers and his boss's. I was SO proud of him after hearing from everyone what an amazing job he is doing in the Tallahassee store. It was like he was known by reputation before we even met everybody. He'd introduce himself to people and they would be like, "You're the guy in Tallahassee?!?!? You're doing great up there man!!!" It was comforting to see how much he is valued as an employee and it gave me an even greater appreciation for him and his abilities. His boss pulled me aside to tell me how great of a guy he is and to let me know that things are only going to get better for him. Praise Jesus!

When we got there they handed us little gold cards to cash in for chips and they had several black jack tables set up in every corner. At the end of the night they had prizes for the top six chip holders. Let me just say that although I didn't win anything, I am a SERIOUS black jack player. I went from 2500 perverbial dollars to 10,000 in record time. I ended up with 13,300 but the top players were a bunch of cheaters so I didn't win anything but it was alot of fun. I know one thing... I will NEVER gamble with real money because I have the potential to be an addict. It was too much fun. I was doing all the pro gambler moves, tapping the table and sweepin the cars. Rackin up the big bucks...well...not really...there was no actual money involved which is better for my soul and my families financial future :)

The food was fabulous, the blues band was amazing and the people were really great. We had a wonderful time.We got back today at around 12:30pm and now we're relaxing at home. I learned several things during my 24 hour vacation:

1) Where God closes a door, he opens a window

2) I am SO happy and fulfilled in being a stay-at-home mom. I work harder than I ever have before and I get to spend every moment with a precious gift from God who is just amazing. As much as I needed the break, I missed him terribly. We definitly could use the money from a second income but I will work as hard as I can to help provide for my family while continuing to be with him.I don't know how, but I'll figure it out. I just feel like I am suppose to. God has shown me my purpose through my family.

3) I can tease my hair to give it lift.

4) Cab drivers in the Fort Lauderdale, Miami area are CRAZY drivers.

5) I have an incredible husband who is doing an amazing job at taking care of his family. I couldn't be prouder. It's disgusting how much I love my boys.

6) I am a force to be reckoned with at the black jack table.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha, you're awesome Kathy! and hot too! You take the best pictures of your baby boy :-)

The Secret of Happiness said...

You looked STUNNING!

Jennifer (JR) said...

Whoa Momma: Who was the hot chick in your blog???? Oh ya right - it was you!!!! And all your talk of going on a diet makes me want to come to Florida and beat the living tar out of you! I'm glad you had a fun time. I miss seeing you more often. When are you coming to Charlotte again?????? You know, I would have LOVED to have watched the little man while you were relaxing and doing other sinful things! ha just kidding - only about the sinful things, not the babysitting offer - that will stand for a long time :) love you

AsmaaDee said...

ooo a 24 hour vacation! Its always nice and relaxing but the best part is getting to come home to your little one. You look beautiful Kathy, and on top of that, your one of the most amazing women I know... Love ya hun

Johnny said...

Kathy,

I'm so happy for you and Jason. You are both wonderful.

I'm glad that Jason is being encouraged and has found his strength and is working in it.

You are a good wife and I know that your words on this post are empowering to Jason.

Blessings to you and the family,

Johnny

Kathy said...

Hahahah! I do think about that...I wore hoodies and pony tails everyday and wondered why I couldn't get a date!

Stephanie said...

I love reading your blogs... I'm happy for you that you were able to go away for a day and relax and get pampered... and then that you had something even more special to look forward to as you made your trip back home!