Saturday, January 06, 2007

Curse of the Spotted Baby




Caden was attacked in his sleep by some kind of vicious bug. Several people scurried away from us when we were out running errands today...I heard one man say, "...Chicken pox..." under his breath. Luckily it is not because they are only on his face and two on his hand. He hasn't developed anymore and after a nice slathering of hydrocortizone he is now resting comfortably with little itching. Poor little man.


Jason and I are going to a company party in Miami next week. A wonderful woman from church has agreed to watch Caden overnight for us and Jay's company is flying us to Miami for a Christmas party at 'The Blue Martini.' I'll try not to get to wasted....jokes....anyone who knows me knows the difference. In fact i'm not really sure that I know the difference between a martini and a margarita...I'll just down one diet pepsi after another.

I bought a new dress for the occasion today. Got a beautiful, flowy dark purple dress and some black shoes at Ross for 30 bucks total! I am the bargain queen.

It's going to be nice to get away for a while. They are putting us up in a nice hotel and apparently there are some sweet door prizes like ipods and stuff. I'm excited. Jay deserves this big time. He has been working so hard ever since we came here. I hope he gets recognized for all he's done. He's really turned this store around.


I hate football. I am probably more excited for the super bowl than anyone because it marks the end of the professional football season. Bring on February 4th!


This is the face I usually make when Jay has been watching football for 4 hours straight....

Don't be jealous of my hot red lipstick!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

LOL indeed!
I thought the lipstick was really funny so I had to take a picture...it's definitly not a colour I would sport out of the house! I think I got in one of the many Salvation Army gift bags I've received over the years.
I wish you could watch Caden too! If you were closer you'd be my first choice!

Kathy said...

AW MAN! I love it when he beats Joey up by pounding on his back with his open hands!