Sunday, September 09, 2007

FINALLY!

I am 97% sure we will have the Best Buy card tomorrow...which means that Jason and I will probably go on our long awaited Best Buy date tomorrow night. I personally can't wait to drop 1500 bucks on electronics without thinking about it. It's going to be really fun.
We're thinking about getting a laptop, but not blowing the whole card on it. Jay is not much of a computer person so I don't want him to spend the whole thing on a laptop and then be disapointed because he never uses it. I'm thinking he'll want some kind of surround sound system and an IPOD for wearing under his helmet while riding back and forth to work...at first I thought this was dangerous because he wouldn't be able to hear danger approaching but apparantly you can't hear anything over the roar of the engine anyway so he might as well have music to make the daily commute more enjoyable. Other than that we need a cordless phone and hopefully a TV for the bedroom. Now that football season is here, I need one!
I'm having alot of fun with Amy. I LOVE having someone around all the time to laugh with and talk to. My extroverted personality sometimes makes being a homebody difficult so having her around is making life pretty awesome. Plus she's been a great help. Caden loves having her here too.
He has gone back to sleeping past 7am, praise Jesus! I was going out of my mind for a while, but I bought a sound machine and he's been sleeping like the baby that he is ever since. Thank you Sound Spa.
He is still not saying much. He understands everything I am saying because he can follow direction without trouble and he has an incredbile ability to sing songs on key, but he has no interest in saying words. He can hum, 'twinkle, twinkle little star' and it is in perfect pitch! He also has amazing rhythm. After church on Sundays he comes up on stage and plays the drum while we break down. The guys in the worship team believe he has some serious talent and have decided to help invest in his musical upbringing so that when he is famous they can all benefit from his success. Sounds like a good deal to me.
Daily I am blown away by my blessings. I have an incredible family, the most amazing husband on planet earth (and he's also easy on the eyes if I do say so myself) and a little boy who is healthy, happy, handsome, smart and more precious than I can even describe. I have an amazing church family, wonderful friends, a piece of land, food, health, happiness and above all a Savior who loves me inspite of myself.
It's a Good life.

2 comments:

Paula said...

Sounds like you are truly blessed. I am glad that the Best Buy Card is finally going to be useful to you guys. It sounds like Caden is a natural.....wonder where he gets it from. You guys take care. We are off the Emmy's this coming weekend. Any picture requests?

The Secret of Happiness said...

I'm going to be in Florida this weekend at Camp Keystone.
It stinks that we'll be in the same state yet again and not see each other. Hopefully, it will happen soon!