Saturday, July 04, 2009

Happy Canerica Week!


July 1 - Canada Day. Celebrated by defending my right to be a citizen of a country other than America, was told several times to 'go back to Canada', drank Tim Horton's hot chocolate, wore my annual red and white bandanna and ate way too many fudgeeo's. All in all, a typical Canada Day celebration for me. Good times.
July 4 - America Day. We are about to head to Sopchoppy for our annual 4th of July celebration with the Vandegrift's. I will swim in my first Florida lake, go to the parade, enjoy the festivities in the park and the fireworks after the sun goes down. It's bound to be a super fun day!
Happy Canerica Week Everyone!

2 comments:

sarah jewett clarke said...

who told you to go back to canada?!

Kathy said...

It's a common statement...the very first time was about 3 months after Jay and I wered married. A retired officer in the Greenville, SC corps asked if I was going to become a citizen and when I said 'no' she said, "Well, I'm of the opinion that you should be all in or all out, so maybe you should just go back to Canada."
Since then, it's been a trend. ;)
Maybe I SHOULD go back to Canada..maybe it wasn't rudeness, but instead, prophecy?