Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Wiggles are like Crack

I say this because we are currently trying to break Caden of his obsessive addiction to 'The Wiggles' and he seems to be going through withdrawls. The new rule is that we don't turn the wiggles on until after nap (3:30pm) and he can only watch two videos a day. I think that's reasonable. He doesn't agree.
I was at Book Babies yesterday at the library where I have met several Crawfordville moms and their children. There's one woman who has a daughter who just turned 2 and a 7 month old son. Her daughter is brilliant. She was potty trained at 20 months old, knows all 50 states, and carries on conversations like she is a teenager. I've never seen or heard anything like it. Come to find out they don't own a TV and they literally read 100 books and day and listen to Michael Buble. I told her that Caden is addicted to The Wiggles and loves dancing to Beyonce....Somehow I think she won't be asking me to be her children's godmother anytime soon...:)
Caden likes playing with the little girl, but you can tell she is a little freaked out by him 'Ga'-ing at her all the time. But the funny thing is that he is terrified of her baby brother. Caden is scared to death of babies. He loves toddlers who can talk and interact with him (even though he has few words himself) but he is literally afraid of babies. He gets realy nervous and upset when they cry and if I even touch one he goes ballistic and throws himself on the floor as if to proclaim, "HANDS OFF MY MOMMY, SCARY BABY!"
I thought this was odd until I remembered that when I was a kid I was also afraid of babies! My friends mom would say I would hide behind their stereo speakers everytime the baby brother came into the room.
I wonder what it was about babies that creeped me out so much?
Well whatever it was, I passed it along to Caden, which makes me think that unless I can give birth to a full grown kid, having another baby, at least for now, is not in the cards. I'm sure he would just be forced to adjust, but I don't know if I am prepared to deal with that drama just yet.
The stress might cause him to pick up 'The Wiggles' again.
Pray for Caden during his recovery :)

3 comments:

The Secret of Happiness said...

BUT Caden sounds like an incredibly happy little boy

Kathy said...

He is. He is my happy little monkey.

Anonymous said...

Most people I know are scared of Mark...!!

Renee