Saturday, October 06, 2007

Shhhh....I'm Growing

That is a quote from the little girl in 'City of Angels.'
I'm starting to think that maybe if I stood still long enough and listened hard enough, I could hear or see Caden growing because it is insane how much bigger he is today then literally 3 days ago. Everyday he is bigger, faster, smarter than the day before. Having never seen a child grow on a daily basis before, I am completely amazed by it. I really need to start marking a growth chart on the wall of his room...that is if I can get him to stand still long enough.
Lately he is becoming much more verbal. He has always picked up very quickly on things but until now has had no interest in being verbal. Anything he can do to avoid talking, he does. Pointing, finding pictures of what he wants, making motions or funny sound effects...but saying the actual word? Not a chance.
This morning he said, "Bye bye" to Daddy instead of just waving. His new favourite word is 'Hi' which he says everytime someone enters a room.
He also has a new favourite song, "Crazy in Love" by Beyonce. There's a part that says, 'Uh-oh, uh-oh uh-oh' and he starts singing it as soon as he hears the first three notes of the song. It's pretty funny.
The downside lately has been Caden's OBSESSION with the wiggles. If they are not on tv, he grabs a remote and brings it to me as if to say, "Make the Wiggles happen, Mom!" He also thinks that Mickey Mouse is a cow because he moo's everytime he sees him. This makes me laugh alot.
Having Amy here has been awesome. I don't know what I'm going to do when she's gone. She's really helped to make the days less lonely, plus I think Caden is going to be pretty sad when she's not around too. They've become BFF's.
I'm currently in the process of getting Caden's proof of Canadian citizenship. Luckily by having an American dad and a Canadian mom the little guy has the right to live in 2/3's of North America...at least till he's 18. Yay for dual citizenship.
Hopefully when he is a little bit older he will be easier to travel with....when he is able to sit in a seat by himself, color a picture or listen to a portable dvd player without getting all mixed up in the headphone wires.
Well I have to go. He is now standing on the coffee table and Mooing at Mickey Mouse.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

You give me so much to look forward to!