Saturday, June 16, 2007

The Men in my Life






For those who don't know the men in my life, these pictures do a great job of showing who they are.
The pictures of my husband and my son perfectly show their relationship with eachother. Jay is without a doubt the leader of our home. He provides for us in every area and guides us with strength and assurance. We trust him completely. He is amazing with Caden. When daddy is needed he is only a hand hold away, but he does an awesome job of giving Caden just the right space that he needs to be an independent toddler. He is also a ball of energy just like Caden...the two of them are 100% boy and are a perfect match for eachother. It's almost as if they get the same evil thoughts at the exact same time.
Jason - "Mommy will probably freak if I dangle you over a fountain during our family photo shoot"
Caden - "Let's do it, Dad!"

Jason,
This Father's Day I want you to know how proud I am of you and how much I love you. You're my best friend, my partner in crime and my soft place to fall. You pretty much rock and I wonder everyday how I could deserve you. I've learned not to question my blessings. Instead I will be thankful for them and will continue to thank God for bridging a gap between two different worlds and bringing us together. Caden is a blessed boy to have such a cool dad.

Next is my dad with a bag of chips by a tree.
My Dad is a lover of God, Family, solitude, nature, junk food and large vegetation. Dad views trees the way that most of us view outerspace or the development of the human body....with utter amazement. Since Newfoundland bears a more northern vegetation, my father fell completely in love with Florida's natural beauty when he came to visit and during Caden's birthday party had his picture taken next to this tree in Tom Brown Park. This picture makes me smile.
I've written and raved about my Father and what an amazing man he is many times before so at the risk of being too repetitve and giving him a big head, I'm not going to do that this Father's Day.
Instead I will talk about me!

Before I was myself you made me, me
With love and patience, discipline and tears,
Then bit by bit stepped back to set me free,
Allowing me to sail upon my sea,
Though well within the headlands of your fears.
Before I was myself you made me, me

With dreams enough of what I was to be
And hopes that would be sculpted by the years,
Then bit by bit stepped back to set me free,

Relinquishing your powers gradually
To let me shape myself among my peers.
Before I was myself you made me, me,

And being good and wise, you gracefully
As dancers when the last sweet cadence nears
Bit by bit stepped back to set me free.

For love inspires learning naturally:
The mind assents to what the heart reveres.
And so it was through love you made me, me
By slowly stepping back to set me free.


-Dimitri Shostakowitch

Happy Father's Day to the Men in my Life.

4 comments:

Cathy said...

Kathy,
My sweet, sweet daughter-in-law. I thank God every day for bringing you into my son's life. Please hug him for me on Father's day. I am so proud of the man that he has become. I love you both. ( and of course Caden too)
Love,
Mom

Erica Kay said...

I am blessed by this post, as I've been by many others. :)

The Secret of Happiness said...

You're a good woman Kathy.
You also have a very good looking family.
Beautiful pictures.
You are blessed.

Anonymous said...

I am quite special aren't I!