Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Perfect Vacation


Jay and I just got back from the most amazing vacation ever. It's the first time since 2004 that we've vacationed alone...generally, we spend our vacation time to visit friends and family and although those trips are more than enjoyable, they are always exhausting.
This vacation was different. We left last Sunday and returned today, spending an entire week alone with one another, relaxing, sight seeing, star gazing and wave watching as we cruised along the southern Atlantic into the Bahamas.
Our room was lovely, the service was fantastic, the food was plentiful, the weather was lovely, there was plenty to do, I won a facial our very first day on board, Jay won two paintings from the art gallery by guessing the price of an expensive piece of artwork and coming closer than anyone on board the ship. I participated in an on board talent show and received a trophy shaped like a cruise ship and a bottle of french champagne...we soaked up some sun (but not too much...I remain quite pale from fear of burning and being uncomfortable), we took in the most gorgeous scenery...everything was perfect in every way...
But the greatest part of this experience was not the things we won, the places we visited, the people we met or even the luxurious scenery. It was getting to spend a full, uninterrupted week with my favourite human...and I appreciate/love/respect him more now than I ever have before.
Thanks to everyone who helped make this excursion possible. It was the most perfect week imaginable.
We are now planning a European Cruise for summer, 2014! :)

2 comments:

Desmond said...

I'm glad you had a good time.

I look forward to seeing the art and cruise ship shaped trophy.

:)

Lisa said...

Summer 2014 :) Your blogs make me smile!