Sunday, November 29, 2009

In Rememberance of A Wonderful Woman

I will not say that Shelly lost her fight with cancer because I don't believe that's the case. She fought with a fervor and strength that I didn't know any human being could possess. Cancer didn't win and it didn't beat her. It simply overwhelmed her physical body. She is now far from the pain that may have claimed her body but didn't sabotage her soul. Her energy, the smile and laughter and kindness that made up the woman that she was, lives on eternally. Take that, Cancer.
I believe that life doesn't necessarily justify living...Heaven justifies living...and I look forward to seeing Shelly there. Anyone who could have handled their final years, months and days with the grace, hope, love and dignity that she did, obviously had strength that only God Himself can provide. And while she was here, she brought Heavenly things to earth by rising above personal circumstances and selflessly pouring into those around her.
You are an inspiration and you will be missed, everyday.

Please pray for Shelly's husband (my cousin, Jonathan) and six year old daughter whose lives are better for having known her but forever changed for having lost her. Peace be with them.

3 comments:

Dana said...

so, so sorry to hear this, Kathy.

Des said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barry said...

thinking of you and your family.....what a wonderful tribute Kathy..I attended a service just before I left Ottawa where the speaker talked about a friend of his who seemed to have gone through a similar situations....a website was created in her memory I think you may find some comfort in her words.

http://deathisnotdying.com/