Friday, October 09, 2009

I Deserve a Nobel Peace Prize

Well, I do...

This post actually has nothing to do with Obama receiving a Nobel Peace Prize (although I believe he WILL do great things, he hasn't yet so in my opinion it was a bit much, a bit soon but like I said, that's not what this is about). It's actually a post about being in week 13 of my pregnancy!

Good riddens, first trimester! I am thankful for Baby X, but every mama knows that the first trimester is less than fun. Disabling fatigue, 24/7 nausea, insomnia and a growing stomach that isn't cute at all, just chubby. As with my first pregnancy, my nausea literally ceased to exist when week 12 ended, as did the insomnia unique to this pregnancy. I'm still super tired but now that I'm feeling good and staying hydrated, I am officially done with the first trimester blues!

Which leads me to my deserving a Nobel Peace Prize. In the midst of feeling like garbage for weeks and weeks, I kept the peace and didn't scream at or punch anyone! Yay me!

Overcoming the trials of the first trimester is something no current or past President will ever be able to do ;)

I'm just sayin...

2 comments:

Dana said...

yay for little baby Dana, oh I mean, whatever you name her (or him) ;-)

jny said...

You should name your baby Robin Sparkles.