Saturday, August 22, 2009

It has begun...

I was hoping I would dodge the morning sickness (better referred to as the whenever-it-feels-like-flaring-up sickness) this time around but alas, I was sadly mistaken. Nauseousness has made it's way into my tummy, unpredictable and unforgiving. I am remembering in full detail what this was like the first time I went through it...brutally ill from week 7-12...vomiting daily...still having to function even though it feels like having the stomach flu for 1.5 months. Mother's truly are an amazing breed of person, if I do say so myself.
I am also remembering how viciously hungry a pregnant body becomes, completely out of the blue. I went to worship team practice this morning, forgetting to bring a snack/drink and had it not been for the crackers Tindl had in her purse, I think my body would have eaten itself. Thanks Tindl.
A weird combination of extreme hunger and extreme nausea with a heaping dose of exhaustion = the first trimester. I don't like to rush things, but I am excited for week 12 to come and go.

1 comment:

The Secret of Happiness said...

Boo...

I do remember the sudden extreme hunger - that was pretty funny:)

I want to see you soon!