Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Conversations with a Toddler

Scene One: Sitting in the car on the way to the playground, listening to a new children's worship CD.

Children on the Cd sing: "My Jesus..."

Caden: "MY JESUS!" Obviously annoyed that this group of kids stole his personal savior.

Children on the Cd sing: "My Jesus..."

Caden: "MY JESUS!! CADEN'S JESUS!! WAIT YOUR TURN, CHILDREN!"


Scene Two: In the parking lot of Walmart after just pulling in.

Caden: "Mama, I ride bike at Walmart?"

Mama: "No baby, we need to get some groceries."

Caden: "Groceries!?! I'm SO excited! Thanks Mama!"

Evidentally, we don't eat at home as much as we should...


Scene Three: At the pool. The water is pretty cold, but manageable. I'm waste deep trying to urge Caden to come down the stairs and join me.

Caden: "Mama! Are you Ok?"

Mama: "Yes, It's nice. Wanna swim?"

Caden: "Ya, I wanna swim like a boat."

He steps down into the water, ankle deep.

Caden: "I'm Ok. This is Funny!"

He steps down to the next step, finding himself waste deep.

Caden: "Hey, what's the big idea!?"

Mama (laughing): "It's just a little cold."

Caden: "Mama, this isn't funny anymore."

4 comments:

sarah jewett clarke said...

your kid is hilarious.

Anonymous said...

You forget your kid wasn't born in Newfoundland! He isn't used to water fit for a polar bear - lol!

I just I could see a picture of Caden getting into that cold water. Lol!

I can't stop laughing.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy him while he's young. They grow up way too fast.

jny said...

I want one!