Sunday, March 01, 2009

Greener Grass

We're in our new place and it feels fantastic...it will feel even better once everything has a place and the boxes are broken down but for right now, it feels great just the same. Caden LOVES it here. He has been up and down the stairs 100 times each day and when we go out he begs us to bring him back to his 'brand new house and his brand new room.' He has transitioned better than we could have imagined...he's been a little over-hyper from all the commotion but doing as great as an almost-3 year old can do.
The move was probably our easiest out of the 9 we've done in the last 4 years because of lots of help, good weather and just the right amount of boxes.
I will post pics of the new place once everything is in order...for right now, the 4 of us (Jay, Caden, Amber and myself) are greatly enjoying the gift of togetherness, time, financial freedom and gasoline this new move has given to us....we're looking forward to filling up once every 10 days instead of once every 2.5.
It took me 9 minutes to get to work last night...yes, I went to work after moving..it was quite exhausting but Saturday night tips are worth the extra effort....I got to sit down and eat dinner with my family instead of hitting the road an hour earlier to make it to work on time.
The job is fantastic by the way. I'm quite humbled by the whole thing...I love it, the people love it, the owner loves it, the money gets better and better, I get to eat crab bisque about half way through the evening, bring home delicious desserts free of charge...best of all, I've had many chances to tell people from all walks of life about church and how God is the only reason why I can do anything I do...it's the perfect opportunity, custom made for me...God is amazing...prayer works.
Well, I'm about to retire for this evening, but I wanted to let everyone know that we're finally here...at peace with our decision even though it is an unconventional one, hopeful for a near-future house sale and thankful for these greener pastures.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that everything went so well with regards to the move. I'm praying that your house sells quickly!

Talk to you soon and looking forward to seeing pictures of your new place.

Sis

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to hear that everything went smoothly with the move.

You sound so MUCH more cheerful in you blog!

Welcome back to civilization!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! It's nice to hear that things are getting easier up there. Hope you and the fam are well!