Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Did I forget to mention this....

I forgot to tell you all about the amazing suprise party my husband planned and threw for me on my birthday! It was awesome....no pics cause I didn't know to bring my camera and my friends slacked off! Just kidding, they were all awesome and in on it. I kind of knew it was going to happen but played dumb. After it was all over Jay and I laughed about how poorly he keeps secrets but it was still an amazing night.
We were suppose to go to Carabba's but Jay said he had arranged a babysitter who was meeting us at the Olive Garden...(that's kind of when everything fell apart, because that was his hilarious excuse to get us to the restaraunt) so we go in and there are like 30 of our friends there...they missed their 'suprise' cue which was also hysterical and we had an awesome night. It was overwhelming to be surrounded by such awesome people on the big 23. My husband is amazing. I don't deserve him but I'm not going to question it, I'm just going to be thankful. He comes home tomorrow...We're pathedic, it's been less then 48 hours and we're missing eachother so much. I can't imagine how military women do it. Especially those with children. To go for months upon months without their soul mate by their side...to raise their children alone and have no soft place to fall when things get crazy. For some reason that's been on my mind the last couple of days. We should all pray for them. I know that is incredibly random but I think it's important...sometimes God lays random things on your heart and you just gotta pray.
Something else incredibly random. I did some baking tonight...banana bread and a new kind of cookie with milk chocolate and pecans in them...amazing! Even though I didn't have brown sugar, I subsititued with regular and it turned out just fine. Ok, it's getting late and I'm getting boring. Chao!

3 comments:

The Secret of Happiness said...

Aww..that was sweet. It's funny how Jay can't keep secrets...

Kathryn said...

Miss you guys!! Whne are you coming to visit!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Anonymous said...

Oh!! that is awesome. i love surprises. anyway, happy 23rd birhthday.