Friday, May 13, 2005

Salvation, salvation, salvation!

Ok, so I know we're in The Salvation Army, but man, we need to focus on the whole picture here people! We as the "SALVATION" Army are very concerned and commited to the saving of lost souls, as well we should be, because everyone needs to know God in order to be his child and eventually spend eternity with him in paradise...or as many like to say, they need to know God so they don't BURN IN HELL....but what about life after Salvation? I'm talking about a little word called GROWTH. Spiritual growth. I wish we were called "The Salvation and Beyond Army" where we seek the lost and then remain committed to them being discipled growing spiritually and experiencing God's power. If you're like me and you've been saved since you were a child, you've probably forgotten that God wants to have power in your life everyday! Not just at your moment of Salvation. God is powerful. Part of me forgot that.
I have alot to say, but I have to go eat Thai food....
More Later....

1 comment:

Johnny said...

Hi Miss Kathy. I love your blog. What a great concept: The Salvation and Beyond Army. That is awesome.
Here's a thought I've been having concerning this subject...
What if altar calls were moments in worship when the preacher said, "If there is anyone here today who is not a member of the Body of Christ, I want to give you a personal invitation to get the heck out of this building and get to work serving your Savior. Get Out! You've got a lot of work to do!" I could see this being said "Drill Sergeant style.

Blessings to you Kathy.
Pocket Johnny