Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Relief

Today was the first break we've had from the smouldering heat since April or May. Today, was a beautiful day. I don't want to jinx anything by saying Fall has come, and honestly, 80 degrees doesn't constitute Fall in my opinion, but it was certainly a nice break. Tonight it feels just lovely.
The bedroom window is open, my husband just brought me home a caramel apple and we had a lovely family dinner outside on the deck. Picture perfect.
I have been itching to go home lately...breathing in the cooler air made today's daydreams about being in my mother's kitchen that much more vivid. I love the smell of fresh air mixed with yummy food. I miss looking out the window and seeing the tops of the evergreen trees while the cool evening air fills my nose, making me feel healthy and alive.
Today, even though I am still 2799 miles away, I was able to breathe in a little piece of home.

2 comments:

mom said...

I wish you were nearer, the smells of the food and the evergreen trees and cool fall air would be easier to take in if you were not so far away. But God has a plan and His timing is not our timing. We have to be ready and when its all together it will come to pass. I loved the picts that Cathy had on facebook.

The Secret of Happiness said...

Last night, Charlotte smelled like Nan's backyard. I think you should leave the the high temperatures behind you and move back to Charlotte :)