Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Pregnancy Sucks


That's the title of one of my favourite pregnancy books. I can't for the life of me find it anywhere and I'm thinking I probably passed it on for some other Mama to enjoy, but it's quite hilarious. It is educational but also very real about the not-so-beautiful side of pregnancy. I am a big fan of realness.
The first trimester is by far the hardest...at least it is for me. Caden was born 2.5 weeks early, so I never got to experience the horrible feeling of watching my due date come and go. For me, the first three months are the suckiest.
Firstly, my body has changed and my stomach is much bigger, but it's not round and hard like it will be in a few months...it's more like a beer belly and although I haven't gained any weight yet, I feel like I'm 50 pounds heavier than I was 4 weeks ago.
Secondly, I am tired 100% of the time...but to make it even better, I have insomnia! So I'm exhausted but can't calm my mind enough to sleep...quite annoying.
Thirdly, I am nauseous all day long. I am lucky to not be as sick this time as I was with Caden but I am remembering how incredibly frustrating it is to not own my own body anymore. I go from starvation to bloated in 30 seconds flat.
Further more, when I do finally fall asleep, I wake up 30 minutes later to pee and spend what feels like 50% of my time doing just that; Peeing.
Needless to say, I am very excited for the 4th month to arrive...and it can't come quick enough!

No comments: