Monday, September 04, 2006

Football smells bad

Football season is back. Ugh. I am now a football widow.
I have decided to wear black nail polish. No, I'm not turning goth....I promise you it's the new look in Hollywood. I'm not usually one to buy into the latest trends, or even know what they are, but this one caught my attention and I really like it. I sported my new nails for the first time yesterday at church and they were a hit....mostly with pre-teen girls who aren't allowed to wear nail polish but hey, I'll take whatever compliments I can get!
I got to lead a song in worship yesterday morning. There's nothing quite like the sound of people's voices being raised towards heaven. God showed up as usual and the services were amazing. I'm so thankful for my church. So purpose driven. I can't say enough about how thankful I am to be able to raise my child in this type of environment.
Caden is fabulous. He turned 6 months today. He'll be crawling anyday now. Right now he frog leaps from place to place. He's the funniest, happiest, smartest baby I've ever seen...but of course I'm slightly biased. He has discovered green beans and carrots...we will be doing peas soon...oh the excitement. Now when he throws up it's not so easy to conceal. Such is life.
Steve Erwin, the Crocodile Hunter, died today in a freak sting-ray accident. Made me sad. He has three small kids. Pray for them.
I was watching 'Tyra' today...Tyra Banks' new talk show...made me ashamed of being female. Then I changed the channel.
The pretty camera that our friend Dean Dugger gave us about a year ago has died. Makes me sad. This camera was beautiful...but now it must go to it's techno-grave. We're getting a new one this weekend. It will be a Nikon like the other one, but much smaller with less bells and whistles. It's a pretty one though. So teeny, tiny yet packed with features. I'm excited.
Ok, this is getting very long and random so I will close with this. Everyone who reads this needs to pray this prayer right now on behalf of my friends John and Julie Osteig.
"Dear Jesus. Please let John and Julie's baby girl arrive very soon, safe and sound and perfect....tonight or tomorrow preferably. Your will be done. Amen."

8 comments:

The Secret of Happiness said...

Happy Six Month Mark Stone Caden!!

Kathy said...

Aw, thanks friend! He misses his Aunt Kristy! SO DO I!

Kathy said...

not dumb...just funny.

The Secret of Happiness said...

Sorry, I re-read my comment. It should say happy six month mark caden instead of merging together six month mile stone and month mark. confusing I know...

Stephanie said...

yes, I was a litte confused by Kristy's post... I was thinking, "Caden's first name is not really Stone, is it??" I can't believe it has been 6 months since your little boy entered this world... Wow! How time flies...

I will tell you what I did that made me start ENJOYING football games: While the game is going on, go to ESPN.com, and you can watch the plays in real-time on a little cartoon-like screen. I thought it was cool to watch it on there as the game was actually taking place, and it made me understand the game a lot better. Now I kind of can't wait for Sunday games!!

I keep thinking about the post you posted several days ago about something strange biting you when you were driving home... and it is driving me crazy not knowing what the heck bit you! I seriously think you should drive back to that spot on the side of the road and find where you kicked that thing, and find out what it is! (Okay, just kidding, but it would at least allow me to sleep better at night, knowing that the mystery is solved!) :)

I think my comment is as random as your post!

The Secret of Happiness said...

I kind of like the whole "process" of football in our home. When the game comes on, Des will go and put on his jersey, get a cup of coffee, and just sit on the floor and scream and yell as his team plays.
It's pretty entertaining.
If I'm not amused, a pot of tea usually does the trick and I am in a tea-induced coma for the rest of the afternoon!

Kathy said...

Mmmm....I miss Kristys tea.
Thanks for the tips girls! Nice to know there is hope on Sunday evenings afterall!

The Secret of Happiness said...

Aww...I miss making your tea - with fresh milk instead of cream.
It was funny when Jenn was here, we were sitting at the table having tea and she would say, "Will you please make my tea for me?" She's cute.
Ah, tea time. I miss having those with you.