Monday, August 01, 2005

Cleaning my Apartment

I just finished cleaning my apartment. I've been feeling terrible and FINALLY tonight there was just enough of a break in the nausia to get some much needed house work accomplished. I even cleaned out the garbage disposal. Ick! I organized the medicine cabinet in the bathroom and my bedroom dresser actually has a top to it now! Amazing. I have been embracing the realm of morning sickness this past week. It's been terrible. I mean I was nautious before, but this is just insane! I miss food. I miss loving it and wanting it. I miss watching commercials for it and drooling. Now I watch fast food commercials in disgust. I can't wait till month 4. They say life will be so much better than.
I have somehow developed a sinus problem over the last few days as well. Sinus headaches, runny nose, cough and tonight I am developing a sore throat. Not cool.
This evening my husband and I were able to fit on the couch together and take a nap. We had a pretty good set up. Usually we can never arrange ourselves comfortably but we slept like babies for about an hour. It was nice.
This week him and I are hosting Junior Soldier Day Camp at our Corps. The kids come everyday and learn a lesson, therefore knocking out five lessons in one week. Today went well. They are so LOUD. I think our entire youth group needs hearing aids.
We are leaving for Colorado in less than two weeks for the National Seminar on Evangelism. We went to this seminar last year and didn't particularly enjoy the content of the seminar, but the surroundings are incredible! We did so much hiking and sight seeing and we saw Josh Groban at The Red Rocks Amphitheatre. It was a great get away. This year we need to go as a job requirement. Basically we take an entire week to study a Salvation Track called, "Got Life?" And then in the mid-end of the week we all go out in two's to attack the neighborhood for Jesus. I'm not a huge (please don't hit me) believer in Door-to-Door Evangelism or it's effectiveness. But in saying that, there were several people who gave their lives to Christ last year through the ministry. It's just that every year they go to the same neighborhood and the Salvationist Attack has almost become a joke now to the residents there. I argue with myself all the time about whether it is a positive thing or not. On one hand we are asking people to conform to a God they know nothing about and asking them to trust us even though we're strangers and we're doing by invading their home and their family enviornment. In the end, we can't really maintain a relationship with them and leave them high and dry. The 48 hours after a person accepts Christ is the most crucial for follow up, support and discipleship because Satan gains a giant foot hold after that spiritual high.
On the other hand, prayer is our most powerful tool and we do alot of that at the seminar. There is a prayer walk on the streets where the Evangelism will take place and there is unbelievable possibility in that. Once someone accepts Christ they are given the names of the local officers and the church address and the tracks are pretty easy to follow. I don't know. I'm still wrestling. Let me know what you think.
Well I'm not feeling too hot at the moment. Pray for my belly and for Baby Boo (our nickname for Baby Stock)

2 comments:

The Secret of Happiness said...

So this is the first time in days that I've been able to look at your blog. Something weird was happening where I could only see pink...
So sad to hear you're not feeling well. Hope it ends soon. Take care of yourself. Blessings on "Baby Boo" and you too!

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! dell cpx battery Energizer dvd universal battery Wiesby starter fax Paxil leptopril Celebrity bra size Children s affiliate programs Nexium people pepcid pneumonia prilosec susceptible