Monday, March 28, 2005

Mono = House Arrest

On St. Patricks Day (March 17th) I developed a fever. I took it easy for the next couple of days, waking up on Sunday to find that my glands were very swollen and puffy. On Monday, my husband took me to the doctor, where Dr. Peters prescribed pencillian and plenty of rest. In the days to follow, my throat became more and more swelled until breathing and swallowing had become somewhat difficult. Saturday we returned to the doctors office where they administered a Mono test and guess what? I Passed with flying colours. They gave me a shot in my right cheek (not the one on my face) and told me that I would have to wait it out for the next 6 weeks.
Needless to say, I spent Easter morning alone at home and i've been in alot of pain for the past few days. Today the doctor called in some Codeine for me, and that has made today very enjoyable.
I feel terrible about missing so much work. This is such a crucial time for my student ministry and there was so much I had planned to do. I was very excited about getting out into the community in the next couple of weeks. Things had been kind of at a stand still for a while because I didn't have a car, but then God supplied that need. I was so excited about getting on campus and promoting the SASF, starting 'Sunday's Cool' and really pounding the pavement. I guess I can still do that stuff if I hollar, "Unclean!Unclean!" everywhere I go. I miss civilization.
I don't know what I would do without Jason. Part of me has been trying to figure out where I contracted this illness. I just pray that whoever I caught it from is receiving the same love, affection and care that I am from my amazing husband. I really don't know what I would do or where I would be without him.
I'd like to solicite prayer if I could. I've been feeling really bad physically and God has taken me pretty far just in the past couple of days. Also, pray that Jason nor anyone else around me gets what I have. I wouldn't wish this on man or beast. Melissa, I would publically like to apologize to you for making fun of you when you had Mono way back in the day. This is no fun. Thanks for calling the other day. I love hearing from you.
That's it till next time. Leave me a comment. Do it!