Tuesday, March 08, 2005

I need guidance...

Hi friends. Today's entry is a desperate cry for spiritual knowledge. I am finding myself completely perplexed as to ...Drum roll please......GOD'S WILL. What exactly is it? I know that God has called us to many things and scripture is filled with answers and direction as to what God wants us to do, but I want to know what God wants me to be. Specifically. So here's where I'm at: I love God, with all my heart. I would live a life of pure torture if he asked me to. If I knew that God wanted me to do something, regardless of my feelings, I would do it. I can truly say that I would. The issue is not my dedication or my willingness to obey and follow, but instead it is my lack of clarity and my second guessing everything. "Is that God, or is it me?," "Is this just how I am feeling today, or is it God trying to tell me something?" AH!
So here's my question(s):
-Does God call us to be specific things (ie: Doctors, Lawyers, business owners, Salvation Army Officers) or does he give us likes and dislikes, passions and talents to guide our way to what he wants us to be?
-If God's will is occupation specific, how in the world do you determine between God's will and our feelings?
- If God's will is occupationally and situationally specific, how does our free will come into play?
Okay. That's pretty much it for the questions. Please, anybody, leave your input and suggestions.
Life is great. We're nestling well into this city. There was a huge storm and Tornado warning last night which scared my newfie pants off but today it is sunny and beautiful again. Similar to life I suppose.
I've been studying Genesis lately in detail because I am trying to teach my pre-teen bible class the old testament in chronological order. I've found I almost learn more as a teacher then I do as a student. I've been studying Genesis for my Sunday scholar's and Deuteronomy for myself. Those silly Israelites.
Due to the SAMS ministry and God's spirit moving through it, we are going to have 20 people here this coming Sunday who had not even heard of The 'church' side of the Army two months ago. God is working amazing miracles through my husband who, everyday astounds me with his depth and his love for people. We have a family of 8 coming to our church this Sunday for the first time.
Pray for Tallahassee. God is moving, fast and furious.

1 comment:

KIMISLOVED said...

Hey Hey Hey...just saw the new Southern Spirit! Yea...go Kathy and J! YOu look hot in your uniforms! :-)
To answer these deep questions would take more of a theologian that I'll ever be! I do think God can do anything and speak to us in any way possible...but I have to VERY cautious when it comes to my emotions and what I think God is telling me. Man, I'll keep thinking about this, but know I'm praying for you guys!
Peace...