Sunday, March 20, 2005

Fevers are a good thing

Hello there comrads!
This entry probably will not have a point or purpose except to give me something to do, because this is my 4th consecutive day locked in my apartment. I have this weird quickly rising and droping fever thing that just won't quit. One minute, 102...next minute, 98.6...one minute, freezing(brr)....next minute, sweating (PHEW!) It's been a pretty miserable last couple of days, but i've learned alot about fevers, given that i've had a plethora of time on my hands.
For example:
1) Fevers are a good thing. At least ones that are as low as mine. It means that my body is trying to fight something off before it can hurt me, like a virus or a bacteria. THANKS BODY!
2) You should not cover up when you have a fever but should instead wear cool clothes and only cover yourself in a sheet. I didn't know that before! It's really been the oddest sickness i've ever had.
We threw a St. Patricks day party at the local homeless shelter on Thursday. I went regardless of my feeling under the weather and it turned out to be WONDERFUL. We decorated and served green cake, icecream, cookies and even tea! It was great fun and we had ALOT more people then we anticipated which is always nice! We ran out of pretty much everything but no one seemed to mind. I had Newfoundland music playing in the background and two people started to do a jig! It reminded me so much of home. It was awesome. Praise God for his amazingness! I believe he was there doing a jig too!
I could not go to church today. That's not a good thing. Ya know how some mornings you wake up and you really don't want to go to church...well this morning I woke up and really wanted to go, but I feel pretty gross. Keep Kathy in your prayers!
What else is new...Mmmm, well COPS was a "Tazed and Confused" episode last night. Always a classic. Jay and I rented the movie "RAY." I always wonder how accurate biographical movies like that are. It was good. My dog ate a pen. I saw it this morning...outside...if ya know what I mean. HAHA!
Well since this is going nowhere fast I am going to go lie down. But in closing may I just say that my husband has done nothing but wait on me hand and foot. He has been taking SUCH good care of me. He's been up at all hours of the night with me and he has gone to the store to get me juce at ridiculous times. He has put many cold cloths on my head and thermometers in my mouth these past couple of days. He even cancelled going on a fishing trip so that he could stay home and be with me.
He is my angel and I love him more than anyone could ever fathom.

If you have read this entry, please leave a 'poor baby' comment so that I may feel better knowing that I am being pitied. Heehee.
LOVE!
-Kathy

No comments: