Monday, May 31, 2010

Sour Milk

That's what I smell like most of the time. But hey, that's what I signed up for...and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I very much enjoy being a mother of two...I think it suits me...once Caden became super independent and my book was written/submitted, I became a bit bored. I worked a little over the winter at the Episcopal church but when that ended, I found my pregnant-self often bored, complacent and lonely with not much to do but swell.
Having a baby forces you out of complacency...and having a 4 year old, vying for your attention while you're watching the baby, adds to the chaos...and I like it. I like being needed...I like having boys to pour into and take care of. I like knowing that my job is important and making a difference in at least 2-3 lives, each day.
It isn't all that glamourous and certainly not considered labor intensive by many of the world's standards...but I know at the end of the day that I've put in some serious time and that I love my job.
Preston is sleeping 10 hours straight at night...not kidding...the boy is 6 weeks old and gets a better night sleep than the rest of us. He is healthy, happy and strong.
Caden is a handfull and a half but when he's not in time out for hurting the cat, he's making me laugh and helping me around the house.
Life is good...all around...there are stresses, points of anxiety, areas of grey...but for the most part, I couldn't imagine being more blessed than I am now.
I am actively thinking about my next book. I'm going to start referring to myself as an 'author' and 'stay at home mom' instead of just the latter. I'll have a silent satisfaction as I list my occupations on future medical forms and the like...it's amazing to be in the midst of becoming something you've always wanted to be...it's exciting to see God's hand and plan at work...it's insane to think about how it all came about.
I'm happy, I'm blessed, I'm excited, I'm overwhelmed (in a good way) and I smell like sour milk.

NOTE: My book is available for ordering. Check out the side link to order now!

No comments: