Friday, May 21, 2010

Life

Life doesn't leave much time for writing these days...something I miss during the craziness of being a mom of multiple children...but I figured I would take a few minutes while both boys are sleeping to let everyone know how things are going. They are going great.
Preston is an incredible little boy who weighs 10 lbs and 13 ozs already and sleeps really well at night. He has started smiling and cooing and making facial expressions and can hold his head better than any baby his age I have ever witnessed. I think he'll be walking and eating steak by 4 months :)
Caden has adjusted marvelously to life as a big brother. I couldn't be more proud of him. He started school, 3 afternoons a week and will transition into full-time preK in August. I can't believe he's going to real school this fall...it's a bit insane that time goes by so quickly.
I am feeling fantastic. No post-pardum whatsoever...I figure it's because I just don't have time to be sad :)
My first book was released in May and is available for pre-order now. I'll be posting more about ordering it in the near future, once someone teaches me how to set up a website, etc. This is all so brand new to me...and with a newborn, starting a business and promoting my first work is a bit of a daunting task...but it's one I take on humbly and graciously.
Jay transitioned into a new roll at his work place, taking over the management of the personal training and fitness side of things instead of managing the facility. He is LOVING it. It's such an amazing fit for him and it's revealing so much about what he loves to do and what God has gifted him to be. He's also kicking some serious tail with selling PT which is comforting for the pocket book :)
The best part is that he is no longer on call or expected to work weekends...and he works 8-12 and 4-8, Monday through Friday, with a chunk of time off in the afternoon to hang out with us. I couldn't be more thrilled.
...so life is busy, but better than I could ever ask for...and it stops for no one...so I must run and get the boys ready, bring Caden to school, feed Preston, run some errands...etc, etc, etc.
Stay tuned. I promise, I'm still here :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know someone who can give you FREE expert advice on how to do a web site. Ask Steve, he's helped others set up a web site.