Monday, October 13, 2008

Case of the Monday's

I stole this title from my friend Jerad who used it a few Monday's ago, but I couldn't think of a more fitting title today. I am having a severe case of the Monday's. The clock could not be moving any slower as I sit here in my puke coloured cubicle, watching life pass me by...is this worth 12 bucks an hour?
I guess so.
Having a week to spend with my family has made me miss them more than ever now that we've all been tossed back into the busyness of life. With all the commuting (10-12 hours a week) Working (35-40 hours) Volunteering (9 hours a week) not to mention cooking, cleaning, lunch packing, errand running, and occasional sleeping, we spend the majority of our time rushing from point A to point B, spending very little time with each other.
The great and long anticipated news is that Jay started a new job today! HUGE answer to prayer. I haven't blogged much about it till now because I wanted him to be completely done with Busy Body Gyms to Go before announcing to the world that he has found something a million times better. Through awesome connections and the skillz of my hubby, he has landed himself a position as an account executive for WAYFM (a Christian radio station in north Florida and south Georgia) and he started today! This month will be insane. He has a few concerts to work and he's flying to Colorado next week for a week long conference, but soon life will have us spending a lot more time together. He gets VACATION! AHHH! He even gets the same government holiday's off like everyone else, unlike with retail. We may even get sick of each other! Jokes. Not possible.
I'm so proud of him...and I'm ultra excited about having Saturday's with the family for the first time since...well....ever!
As my life has filled up more and more, I become increasingly more protective and guarded of my time with Caden and Jay, and increasingly more irritated with anything that tries to take that time away. If I had my choice, I'd be home with Caden again, at least more than I am now. I think being a stay-at-home mom is a much more straining and difficult task than what I do now, but it's so much more rewarding. Unfortunately, working a full-time job is something one has to do when living in an economy such as this one. The one income family is becoming few and far between. Even so, while sitting in this cube, my family are never out of my thoughts. Spending an entire week with them opened my eyes to how much I am missing when we are all separated and how much joy I have within me when we are all together, which has led me to seriously re-organize my time and my priorities. My Father called me one day after many days of trying to reach me unsuccessfully, just to tell me, "Kathy, the Holy Spirit is not the author of busyness."
I'm starting to believe that whole-heartedly. Right now, my schedule is filled with things I need to do and love to do. Some are unavoidable responsibilities, some are choices. I'm going to spend the next couple of months focusing on God's most important calling on my heart. My family.

Enough with all that. Here's the Caden update:

-He has officially stopped saying, "I-I-Ice" and now clearly says, 'Mickey Mouse'. This happened all of a sudden while we were on vacation. We've mourned the loss.

-He is getting better about the potty. I still think we're far from dry underwear, but he is grasping the concept more and more daily.

-His new phrase is, "I DID IT, I DID IT, I DID IT, YAY!"

-He is doing great at school, absolutely loved the beach and can out eat anyone in a pancake eating competition.

-Last night while eating dinner, Caden held up a piece of broccoli and said, "Mmm, trees."

-He will be singing in an international day concert this Sunday at his school's church. I am super excited. Jay will miss it because he flies out to Colorado that morning, so I will be sure to record it and post it here for all to enjoy.

1 comment:

Dana said...

noooooooooo! Not saying I I Ice? That's terrible...it was just so darn cute! Please make him stop growing up so fast ;-)