Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Welcome Back Mr. Internet

Ahhhh....now I feel connected to the world again!
After having 0 luck with comcast cable, we decided to go with a satellite dish and embarq phone/internet service...so far, so good. We just got hooked up with the home phone so Mom, you can call me whenever.
I realized on Saturday that I have been going WAY over on my cell phone minutes so this home phone thing ended up being a really good decision. If anyone wants the number you can call my cell and hear it on the message or you can email me and I'll send it to you. I guess livin out in the country without media entertainment caused me to talk on the phone a lot....woopsies.
Crawfordville is a nice little town. It's about 30 minutes from Tallahassee and it is C-O-U-N-T-R-Y. I mean people selling BBQ on the side of the road, mullets as far as the eye can see, friendly folk and country roads. Pictures to come of the local meat store with the red,white and blue statue of a pig out front and the trailor down the street with two pet goats in the front yard who play soccor and drink out of a child's swimming pool. It's glorious out here.
Caden is loving the backyard. Speaking of kiddie pools, we bought a big inflatable one, not big enough to have a filtration system or anything, but too big to keep dumping and refilling everyday. Any tips on how I can keep the water clean? Is there some kind of chlorine solution I can throw in there like people do with hot tubs? Any tips would be great.
The A/C man is coming tomorrow. It is working, but it makes a strange sound when it cuts on. We were very perplexed as to why. At the same time I was very perplexed as to why there were constantly pieces of paper all over the floor. I thought it was the dog but I couldn't figure out where she was getting the paper. Then I looked up and saw that there were shredded pieces of A/C instruction manual in the vent above my head in the bathroom. After checking, I realized there were shredded pieces of manual in every vent in my house. The genious who installed the system left the booklet inside of it and it blows out threw the vents everytime the A/C comes on! The problem will be corrected tomorrow. The woman who scheduled the appointment could only laugh on the other end of the phone.
These are the types of things that could only happen to the Stock Family.
I'll try and get around to posting new pics and video ASAP.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

They have these little floating things that you just drop in a tablet or two of chorine and let it float around and dissolve...maybe that would work? I'm so jealous of you guys buying a house...and so excited for you! I'm sure it feels so good, enjoy it!
angela

Anonymous said...

to go back a few entries. shooting poo eh? sounds like something i would laugh at. hope youre well. send me ta numero de telephone.
jacqueline

Dana said...

la la la, my friend is back! Yay!

Johnny said...

Hey Kathy,

You guys are doing great! I'm glad you're enjoying life. Staci and I are in Nashville this week and we are appreciating the time together.

Glad you're back on the web.

Blessings,
Johnny

Honeydew said...

Glad to have you back...looking forward to more pictures and videos.

Later, Sis

Anonymous said...

hey/...you have a couple of options...you can get a filter and that is your best bet...it'd just ont that will skim the surface etc. , you can get a pool net and skim the surface like they do at any pool. The thing with the chlorine is, it helps prevetn bacteria from building up...which is a good thing....but it doesn't do anythign for leaves, bugs, etc.