Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Oh Canada

I am getting pretty excited about our trip to Newfoundland on Friday. In less than 48 hours, Caden and I will be well on our way! I must say, I am EXTREMELY nervous after the Christmas episode. We have a wonderful flight schedule...and if everything goes as planned we will make it to Newfoundland in three flights and less than 12 hours...the best flight itinerary I have ever had when traveling home. We're also flying out of Tallahassee instead of driving to Orlando which is a HUGE relief.
I need to solicit some prayer though. Some serious prayer. If you have never prayed before, I beg you, start now and pray for us! Selfish? Maybe..but we could sure use it!
The last three times Jay and I have travelled, things have not gone smoothly. His trip home from CO in the fall left him driving unexpectedly from Atlanta to Tallahassee with a loud, Jewish doctor he had never met before. Long story...
Then our Christmas trip was completely obliterated...don't wanna talk about that one...
THEN, my trip to Charlotte in March was INSANE...it ended up being amazing but I can't lie, it was stressful! That last one was indeed my fault..being late for the flight and everything...a mistake I shall not repeat.
I am trying to remember how God came through for me on the trip to Charlotte...how he put people in my path to help me and what an incredible experience it was watching good people in action. I pray that over our coming journey.
I have not flown alone with Caden since he was 6 months old. His entire 6th month of life was spent travelling. We flew to Charlotte then to Newfoundland then to NY then back home. 28 days of solid travel and I needed about 12 months of chiropractics to fix the damage. Luckily, this time around, I have a big kid who uses the bathroom, understands things, doesn't need a stroller (although he will be on a leash) and watches a portable DVD player. Shouldn't be too bad.
Back to the praying: Obviously, pray for safety...for us and Jay when he joins us next Friday. Pray specifically against the fog. Yes, the fog. The last time I flew straight from America into Newfoundland (back in 2005), it took me 3 days to get there! American pilots need more visibility than Canadian pilots so they cannot land in really foggy conditions. This time of year can be SUPER foggy in Newfoundland. I will be flying an American airline again this time because I wanted to go through immigration at our final destination instead of half way through the trip. It's much easier with a child that way. Pray for a miraculously clear night in St. John's, NL both this Friday and the Friday after. Pray that all of our flights arrive and leave on time. Pray that God will give me peace and calmness and energy (NOT PATIENCE!) to deal with my son and that he has peace and calmness too (NOT ENERGY!)
Thank you to everyone who will whisper these prayers to God on our behalf. We're so excited about getting home and I really don't want to spend a few days in the Newark airport with a three year old boy...I know your prayers will make all the difference, and I'll be able to sleep Thursday night knowing everything will be alright.
Next blog will be written from Green's Harbour, Newfoundland, Canada!

No comments: