Friday, December 02, 2005

What I have recently learned about me

So, i've discovered that I can bake. I never knew this before, and I haven't really attempted anything difficult, but I have made several recipes from my mother's cookbook and I must say that they have proven successful each and every time. What's even more odd than my new found ability is my new found passion. I am really enjoying it!
I think that's the key. For some reason, I never really enjoyed baking before, so I would'nt give it the love and attention it deserved. The result: Bad tasting food.
I think a little lovin is what is needed in order for the recipe to turn out just right. It's wierd, and creepy. Totally not me, since I have tried and desperatly failed at every attempt I have ever made at home maker projects (sewing, cooking, baking, knitting etc.) and even though I still think that sewing is an impossible feat and a spiritual gift, baking has become something that I can accomplish successfully and I am enjoying myself in the process. For the first time in my life I desire a new set of mixing bowls.....WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!?!
I hope my new found passion does not cause me to gain 150 pounds.